Greg Lukianoff Joins Erich Prince: The Coddling of the American Mind The Center - “On campuses so far, I have been pleasantly surprised that I have been invited to talks that have been well-received and civil.” Erich J. Prince 3/16/2019
Editor’s Choice: The Best Political Speeches of the Past 55 Years The Center - A few recent political speeches worthy of the history books. Erich J. Prince 3/7/2019
Interview: Rick Ungar on His New Project “The Daily Centrist” The Center - “My reputation is, ‘Every conservative’s favorite liberal.’ That’s because I don’t hate people because I disagree with them.” Erich J. Prince 3/1/2019
Our Conversation With Berny Belvedere, Founder of Arc Digital The Center - “People who read us will gain a better perspective overall of the issues that we produce. Why wouldn’t we want to be as influential as possible?“ Henri Mattila 2/26/2019
When Debating the Border, Let’s Remember Gangs The Center - “With well over one million gang members criminally operating in the United States…Terms like ‘occupation’ come to mind.” John Melvin and Michael Carlson 2/24/2019
“Feminism”: A War Against Women? The Center - “I am a single college student with jobs but no set career. Unlike Newman, I cannot speak for anyone else, but I can say that I did not appreciate her representation of our sex.” Sophia Redelfs 2/19/2019
In Defense of Jordan Peterson’s Religious Beliefs The Center - “However, [Peterson’s] general statements about God do, or would, find a home in Catholic and Orthodox theological dogma and tradition.” Paul Krause 2/18/2019
Religion and the Left: A Reply to McManus The Center - “The ideas of the Right are more powerful precisely because they are more primitive. Fraternity between differing religious, racial, and linguistic communities is of greater abstraction than fraternizing with one’s co-religionist and inter-linguistic community.” Emre Kazim 2/15/2019
What Is an Intellectual? The Center - “What is it, then, that intellectuals should do? In order to answer this question, it is first necessary to return to a claim made earlier, namely that the telling of truth cannot be the responsibility of an intellectual because being an intellectual, in its very definition, is truth-telling.” Emre Kazim 2/12/2019
Interview: Jonathan Haidt on What Underlies Polarization in America The Center - “In a sense, the Founding Fathers feared democracy because of the tendency of people to be carried away by their passion and easily led astray by demagogues, and I think that our modern polarization, augmented by social media, could well bring their worst fears to reality.” Erich J. Prince 1/30/2019
Interview: Kate Leaver Talks Friendship The Center - “I think reciprocity is a very important part of a friendship or, in fact, any type of relationship. I think having a balance where both of you are investing equal amounts of time and energy and love and attention into that relationship is really important.” Kambiz Tavana 1/24/2019
Helen Pluckrose Joins Erich Prince to Tell Areo’s Story The Center - “…Areo is bipartisan; it doesn’t take a side. I personally find that I agree with about 25% of the pieces I put out. The other 75%, I think they’re good, but I’m not convinced by their arguments ultimately.” Erich J. Prince 1/22/2019
One and Done? Studying the First Step Act’s Lone Anti-Gang Restriction The Center - “Will the First Step Act protect against the release of gang members?” James Callaway 1/19/2019
Should Congress Revise Federal Laws Against Lying? The Center - “When Justice Ginsburg reviewed his case, her concurring opinion warned that the federal false statements statute arms government agents with authority to generate felonies.” Ronald L. Carlson 1/2/2019
The First Step Act Doesn’t Do Enough about Gangs The Center - “Communities do not have ‘gang problems.’ America has a gang crisis.” James Callaway 1/1/2019
Editor’s Choice: The Best Articles of 2018 The Center - A look back at our editor’s choices for our favorite Merion West articles of 2018. Erich J. Prince 12/31/2018